We’ve read the reviews across the web for the Mammut Refillable Airbag System Cartridge and summarize the results below:
Number of Ratings Reviewed: 41
Pros & Cons
Reasons to buy:
- Easy to fill and handle.
- Fits in a variety of Mammut packs conveniently.
- Able to fly with it while empty.
- Can fill at any scuba shop for convenience.
- High-quality construction.
- Distributes the weight well for easier transport.
- The standard fitting on the cartridges increases the likelihood of being able to find a fill spot.
- Able to test fire the air bag by using an empty cartridge, showing the cartridge’s functionality.
- Cartridges can be exchanged between inflation system 2.0 and 3.0
- Quick-release and fits well on the cannister.
- Cartridges come in carbon and steel and aluminum, for a variety of options.
Reasons NOT to buy:
- Some reports of it being difficult to find refill points.
- Might have trouble finding spots in Europe to refill.
The Mammut Refillable Airbag System Cartridge is a convenient, easy-to-fill, and high-quality option. The challenges in finding refill points depends on your location, and may be difficult to find in Europe, but the standard fitting allows for a higher chance of finding a refill point. Overall, the high-quality build and versatility make this a good option.