We’ve read the reviews across the web for the The North Face Chakal Pant – Men’s and summarize the results below:
Number of Ratings Reviewed: 51
Pros & Cons
Reasons to buy:
- Effective at keeping your legs warm and dry.
- Very warm pants.
- Cuts the wind out well to promote extra warmth.
- Fabric feels thin, but many reports of being durable.
- Plenty of pockets for storage.
- Relatively lightweight and articulated knee for easy movement.
- Reports of the color being muted and stylish.
- Venting on the inside of the leg promotes breathability.
- Pocket is convenient and at an angle for easy use on the thigh.
- Gator goes over top of your boot to keep snow out.
- Protection on the inside edge of the pant prevents ripping.
Reasons NOT to buy:
- Wets out fast, but doesn’t soak through.
- Moisture can collect in the pocket flap, getting the pocket damp.
- Some reports of being too baggy.
- Some reports of not being true to size and being a little too big.
The North Face Chakal Pant for men is a warm, durable, and relatively lightweight pant that is mobile enough for alpine activities. A few complaints about the outside of the pant wetting out and gathering moisture makes this a potential issue for those who live in wet and snowy climates. However, if you care more about warmth and convenient storage, then this is a good option.
Note: User and expert rankings were reviewed across the web. Some expert reviews include these: 1.