We’ve read the reviews across the web for the Patagonia Micro Puff Insulated Vest – Men’s and summarize the results below:
Number of Ratings Reviewed: 54
Pros & Cons
Reasons to buy:
- Versatile look for on and off the mountain.
- Good quality.
- Packs down very small.
- A great piece for layering.
- Impressive warmth for the weight.
- Pockets are situated so they can be accessed while wearing a harness or backpack hip belt.
- Warm, but never feels bulky.
- Very lightweight and packable.
- Breathes well.
- Great pockets for stashing things and keeping hands warm.
- High quality, and covered by Patagonia’s ecological gear commitment and warranty.
Reasons NOT to buy:
- The arm holes are cut too small.
- Some people have had difficulty finding a comfortable fit between size and length. Trying this vest on before purchasing is recommended.
- The fabric is not as resistant to snags as heavier materials.
- The tall collar is a bit uncomfortable.
- The zipper does not fit flat against the body, and instead bulges out when zipped up high.
- The sleeve opening can be a bit tight at first, but they do work well to keep wind out.
- The collar is a bit too high and can dig into the chin, although it does provide good neck warmth.
The Patagonia Micro Puff Insulated Vest for men is an exceedingly lightweight and packable vest that still offers an amazing amount of warmth in a small package. While the vest is formulated for outdoor use, offering good breathability, packability, and harness compatible pockets, it also transitions well to town use, although the somewhat athletic fit and tight arm holes are not ideal for every user, and receive a lot of complaints. For those that try on this vest and have a good fit, the micro puff is a consummate favorite for its warmth and layering potential.