We’ve read the reviews across the web for the Outdoor Research Ferrosi Summit Hooded Softshell Jacket – Men’s and summarize the results below:
Number of Ratings Reviewed: 23
Pros & Cons
Reasons to buy:
- A softshell jacket that keeps you dry.
- Stretchy material for ample mobility.
- Versatile for multiple outdoor activities.
- Rough material that feels durable and can withstand wear-and-tear.
- Space to layer underneath comfortably.
- Water and wind-resistant.
- Sleeves are long enough to fully cover during activity.
- Fabric is tough, but still stretchy and breathable.
- Cordu fabric is abrasion-resistant in the shoulder area.
- Quick-drying and lightweight.
- Helmet-compatible hood for extra protection and functionality.
- Zipper hand pockets for secure storage.
- Pockets are harness-compatible.
Reasons NOT to buy:
- Some may not like the rougher-feel.
- Drawcords are a bit small and hard to use quickly with gloves on.
- Chest cut is larger than some other softshells.
- Some might wish the hand pockets to be higher up, since they are partially covered while wearing a harness.
- Hood is a little large to wear without a helmet.
The Outdoor Research Ferrosi Summit Hooded Softshell Jacket for men is a durable, protective, and stretchy option that is well-suited for outdoor adventures in a variety of conditions. Other than the few complaints about the rougher-feel and hood size, this is a great choice for adventures due to the versatility, water and wind-resistance, and abrasion-resistance.