We’ve read the reviews across the web for the Patagonia R1 Fleece Jacket – Men’s and summarize the results below:
Number of Ratings Reviewed: 77
Pros & Cons
Reasons to buy:
- Form-fitting style makes it easy to layer.
- Lightweight, but keeps you warm.
- Breathes well during activity.
- Good warmth-to-weight ratio.
- Features hand pockets for storage and warmth.
- Keeps you warm without overheating.
- Dries quickly after getting wet.
- Non-bulky and doesn’t restrict movement,
- Packs down small for easy transport.
- Lightweight and breathable.
- Available in a variety of colors.
- Wicks moisture away and dries quickly.
- Flattering fit and versatile.
Reasons NOT to buy:
- Might need to size down to fit correctly.
- It doesn’t have thumbholes like the older models did.
- No pull cord at the hem for adjustments.
- Expensive option when compared to similar models.
- It provides only limited wind resistance.
The Patagonia R1 Fleece Jacket for men is a lightweight, warm-for-the-weight, and quick-drying layering piece that is best suited as a mid-layer. The form-fitting cut makes this best for outdoor adventurers who want an extra non-restricting layer for warmth during activities. This wouldn’t be the best choice as a stand-alone outer layer during more intense weather, as it provides only limited wind and water resistance by design.