We’ve read the reviews across the web for the Black Diamond Camalot C4 and summarize the results below:
Number of Ratings Reviewed: 183
Pros & Cons
Reasons to buy:
- Helps to keep the lobes cammed while on the harness, lowering bulk and preventing any gear from getting in the way.
- Great all-around option.
- Durable and long-lasting.
- Provides safety and reliability.
- Affordable option for all climbers.
- Easy placements for finger loop, and is color-coded for ease of use.
- Lighter weight from previous models.
- New colors makes them easier to identify on the wall.
- Easy to climb with on wide cracks.
- The Trigger Keeper technology allows the volume of gear on your harness to be lower, making climbing easier.
- The double-axle design allows for a wider range than single-axle cams.
Reasons NOT to buy:
- Not the best option for horizontal climbing due to lack of flexibility.
- Shouldn’t be the only cams in your rack, but you can use these to supplement with more variety.
- Not as lightweight as other options, despite being lighter than the previous model.
- Cams with flexible stems will be better at horizontal placements.
The Black Diamond Camalot C4 is an easy-to-use, durable, and reliable cam, that will aid any level of climber on the wall. Besides horizontal placements, this cam will perform proficiently in almost all other types of climbing scenarios, with easy color coding, a Trigger Keeper for organization, and double-axle design.