We’ve read the reviews across the web for the Five Ten Team VXI Climbing Shoe and summarize the results below:
Number of Ratings Reviewed: 51
Pros & Cons
Reasons to buy:
- High-quality rubber for a top-notch shoe.
- Toe box is comfortable while still being aggressive for performance.
- Soft and sensitive for feeling the terrain.
- Comfortable for an aggressive shoe.
- Supportive and easy to get on and off.
- Features ample toe and heel rand for secure hooking.
- Great at steep and overhanging routes due to the 360 rubber on the shoe.
- Very soft for comfort during long use.
- High level of sensitivity makes them exceptional on smearing.
- The heel fits well and performs reliably.
- The rubber is extremely sticky and durable.
- The position and stickiness of the rubber provides ample grip on a variety of surfaces.
- Great design for sport and bouldering efficiency.
Reasons NOT to buy:
- The sizing runs very small so you may need to size-up.
- The back of the shoe can rub your heel while breaking-in the shoe, reducing comfort.
- At the higher-end of the price range.
- Not suited for vertical edging due to the softness.
- The softness makes them not ideal for those with weak toes.
The Five Ten Team XVI Climbing Shoe is a sticky, durable, and comfortable option that is well-suited for tough terrain, hooking, and long routes. Despite being expensive and lacking the stiffness needed for vertical edging, the shoes feature extremely-sticky outer rubber that can hold onto any terrain, making these shoes a good choice for sport and bouldering routes.