We’ve read the reviews across the web for the Edelweiss Energy ARC 9.5mm EverDry Climbing Rope and summarize the results below:
Number of Ratings Reviewed: 18
Pros & Cons
Reasons to buy:
- Works as a skinny workhorse-type rope for repeated use.
- Remains secure and safe, while being lightweight.
- Very durable even after running over tough rocks.
- Effectively used on single-pitch trad and sport routes.
- Pattern change makes you more confident about your spot on the rope.
- Provides great catch with a smoothness to comfort the fall.
- Handles very well and doesn’t get twisted.
- Diameter allows you to use effectively at both sport and alpine.
- Very easy to un-knot the rope.
- The rope looks stylish and easy to use due to the bi-pattern.
- Bi-pattern makes it easy to set up top ropes and find the middle of the rope during a multi-pitch route.
- Very light and easy to travel with.
- Feels good while using with Petzl GriGri, sliding through easily, but braking when needed.
- Feels secure and doesn’t stretch too much.
- Supple but remains stiff, to feed well.
- Provides a soft catch during falls.
Reasons NOT to buy:
- Some reports of the sheath showing wear-and-tear very early on.
- The sheath began to fray after minimal use.
- Moves very easily through the belay device, so should have an experienced belayer handling the rope, so it doesn’t slip through their hands.
- Less durable than thicker ropes, although for a rope of this diameter it is quite durable.
The Edelweiss Energy ARC 9.5mm EverDry Climbing Rope is a durable, lightweight, and safe option for climbers who want versatility with multi-pitch, single-pitch, and trad routes. The thinner diameter remains secure and strong, while the bi-pattern provides an ease-of-use about the rope and a stylish look, making this a great option for both beginners and advanced users alike.