We’ve read the reviews across the web for the Smith Session MIPS Helmet and summarize the results below:
Number of Ratings Reviewed: 33
Pros & Cons
Reasons to buy:
- Good style and fit.
- Great ventilation.
- Visor enhances protection and blocking the sun.
- Stays stable while riding and is fully protective.
- Highly adjustable and easy to change settings quickly.
- Durable and lightweight, allowing for a comfortable fit on longer days.
- Very protective while remaining lightweight, using MIPS for extra protection against rotational impacts.
- The padding inside is enough to be protective, but also pliable for added comfort.
- System allows the helmet to fit a wide range of head shapes due to the 3 different vertical positions.
- Fifteen vents aid in breathability and temperature regulation.
- The dial is rubberized to be easy to grasp and adjust.
- Dial fit has a wide range of adjustment capabilities due to making incremental changes.
Reasons NOT to buy:
- The padding can feel thin and cheap compared to the high quality of the rest of the helmet.
- The front brim of the helmet sits low and can push sunglasses onto your face.
- The visor is on the shorter end of the spectrum, which some riders may not prefer.
- Visor only has pre-set positions for adjusting.
- The sizing runs a little big.
The Smith Session MIPS Helmet is an adjustable, protective, and lightweight option for those who want a MIPS helmet that also efficiently regulates temperature and remains comfortable during long days. Despite having a not-as-adjustable visor, the easy-to-use adjustment dial, soft padding, and ample vents make this a great helmet.