We’ve read the reviews across the web for the Kuat NV Base 2.0 Bike Hitch Rack and summarize the results below:
Number of Ratings Reviewed: 60
Pros & Cons
Reasons to buy:
- Works with 50-pound e-bikes.
- The single swinging arm is able to hold the bikes securely.
- Easy to install and comes with directions.
- Heavy duty and durable.
- Doesn’t damage the bikes when using.
- Cables are long enough to be functional.
- The rack allows you to open the car without taking it off.
- Fits multiple sizes and weights of bikes.
- The locking mechanism is safe and secure.
- Securely holds bikes with tire widths up to 4.8″, to promote a tight fit for almost any bike.
- The tire straps down to remain stable and prevent movement.
- Comes with additional Velcro strap for extra stability.
- Great choice for road, gravel, or mountain bikes.
- Quick set-up in less than 20 minutes.
- The rear strap is easy to adjust and secure.
- The ratcheting arm provides a snug fit on the bike tires.
- Able to transport two 60-pound bikes safely.
- The cable locks are thick and secure, especially when compared to the competition.
Reasons NOT to buy:
- Usually requires 2 people to set up, due to being heavy at 75 pounds.
- Not as versatile as some of the competition regarding bike styles.
- The upper-arm can sometimes feel a bit sticky in the movement.
- Tires ranging from 20-24″ require a separate adapter.
- The cable locks can be tedious to stow away back into the rack after use.
The Kuat NV Base 2.0 Bike Hitch Rack is a stable, durable, and heavy-duty option for those looking to transport multiple heavyweight bikes. The ease in using, adjustability, and security provided make this a top-option compared to the bike-rack competition.