We’ve read the reviews across the web for the Marmot Essence Jacket – Men’s and summarize the results below:
Number of Ratings Reviewed: 37
Pros & Cons
Reasons to buy:
- Very breathable and minimal condensation buildup.
- Blocks the wind well to prevent any drafts.
- Very lightweight and packs down small for easy transport.
- Chest pocket is roomy enough to store most valuables safely.
- Hood is protective and keeps water out of you eyes.
- Waterproofing abilities work well to keep you dry.
- Elastic cuffs allow for keeping cool weather out.
- Lightweight and stretchy to allow for full range of motion.
- Vents under the arms enhance breathability.
- Elastic drawcord hem for keeping wind out.
- The external fabric is supple and soft for a high level of comfort.
- Exceptional breathability, and also have the added pit vents.
- The construction of the arms allows for a full range of motion.
Reasons NOT to buy:
- Some may not like having no hand pockets.
- Can’t be stowed within own pocket.
- The outer material can wrinkle easily after being compressed.
- The sizing runs a little big, so you might have to size-up or try on before purchasing.
- No hand pockets and hood doesn’t stow.
- No chin guard for protection and comfort.
- Cuffs are elastic, but not adjustable.
- Only having one external chest pocket might not be enough storage.
- Expensive when compared to other options.
The Marmot Essence Jacket for men is a lightweight, breathable, and mobile jacket that is well-suited for layering, aerobic activities, and easy transporting. The lack of pockets and high price point may deter some who want a tough or heavy-duty layer, but for those wanting an adjustable lightweight layer that will still protect against the weather, this is a great option.