We’ve read the reviews across the web for the Fimbulvetr Hikr Snowshoe and summarize the results below:
Number of Ratings Reviewed: 19
Pros & Cons
Reasons to buy:
- Lets you walk with your foot in a natural position.
- Provides ample float for a comfortable walk and you won’t have to change your gait.
- Tough and durable in rough weather conditions.
- Lightweight and reliable.
- The lacing provides even support and pressure.
- Versatile enough to handle a wide variety of soft snow types.
- The heel is adjustable and can provide effortless walking ability.
- Stronger and more durable than other traditional snowshoes.
- The shoe is asymmetrical and flexible for comfortable walking.
- Light enough to strap onto your backpack for longer journeys.
- Good at hauling loads through deep snow.
- One size fits all adjustability for personalization.
Reasons NOT to buy:
- Some reports of the footbed being uncomfortable and hard to adjust.
- The old-style binding has some issues with coming loose.
- Some issues with the crampons getting filled with ice and snow during use.
- The cord to put the shoes on is thin and the tabs are pretty small to use with gloves on.
- The binding is insecure and can ice up during use.
- The directional hinge makes them less comfortable in hard-pack snow.
- The shape might be too wide for some foot shapes.
The Fimbulvetr Hikr Snowshoe is a versatile, adjustable, and durable option that is well-suited for walking in soft snow. Despite some issues with the binding and limited performance in hard-packed snow, these are a great option for deep and soft snow, for hauling heavy loads, and for carrying on your back during long distances due to the lighter-weight make.