We’ve read the reviews across the web for the Kelty Grand Mesa 2 Tent: 2-Person 3-Season and summarize the results below:
Number of Ratings Reviewed: 313
Pros & Cons
Reasons to buy:
- Easy to pitch with functional clips and snaps.
- Packs down efficiently into the provided bag.
- The rain-fly is easy to put on the tent and protects from wet weather.
- Upper half of the tent is entirely mesh for ventilation.
- The whole set up is durable, with elastic poles and high-quality stitching.
- Easy to set up by yourself.
- The poles are thin but durable and sturdy.
- Keeps water out effectively during precipitation.
- The interior is spacious and provides ample room for sitting.
- Easy to move around for changing campsite placement.
- Ample air flow to prevent condensation build up.
- The color-coded clips provide easy set up.
Reasons NOT to buy:
- Hard to get the front vestibule tight enough so it doesn’t flap.
- Might be a bit heavy for a solo backpacker needing a lightweight tent.
- Doesn’t come with own gear loft or footprint.
- The stakes might not be durable enough for repeated use.
- The zippers aren’t the highest quality.
- A little tight for two people to comfortably sleep in.
The Kelty Grand Mesa 2 Tent: 2-Person 3-Season is a easy-to-set-up, durable, and weather protective tent that is well-suited for 1-2 people for 3-season use. Despite being a little snug for two people and being a little heavy for a lightweight backpacking trip, this is a great choice due to the ventilation, high-quality construction, and protection offered. This is a great tent for one person who doesn’t mind the extra weight, or for two people who don’t mind sleeping in a snug layout.