We’ve read the reviews across the web for the Marmot Tungsten Tent: 1-Person 3-Season and summarize the results below:
Number of Ratings Reviewed: 92
Pros & Cons
Reasons to buy:
- Quick and easy set-up.
- Enough floor space for all your belongings.
- Endures inclement weather like strong winds and precipitation and keeps you dry.
- Vestibule is large enough to store your backpack.
- Double pocket near the base of the door.
- The vent is placed above your head while sleeping, making it easy to open and close.
- Footprint is included for added convenience.
- Pre-bent poles create more space in the corners for greater ability to move around.
- Free-standing for convenience.
- Seam-taped to prevent leaks and increase waterproofing abilities.
- Interior mesh pockets and lamp-shade pocket for functionality.
- Color-coded clips, poles, and fly for ease of putting together.
Reasons NOT to buy:
- Not the lightest option on the market.
- No guy line tabs on the tent fly ends.
- There are lighter and more packable options on the market, although they cost more.
- A little bulky when packed.
The Marmot Tungsten Tent: 1-Person 3-Season is a convenient, waterproof, and functional tent that is well-suited for those who want ample space. Despite not being the lightest on the market, it is still a reasonable weight for a solo backpacking trip. The tent is easy to set-up, protects against inclement weather, and has plenty of pockets.