We’ve read the reviews across the web for the Exped MegaMat 7.5/10 Sleeping Pad and summarize the results below:
PeakScore: 93 (out of 100)
User Rating: 4.8 stars
Expert Rating: 4.3 stars
Number of Ratings Reviewed: 109
Pros & Cons
Reasons to buy:
- While the mattress includes a pump, most users just went with the self inflation feature.
- Some users found this pad to be more comfortable than their bed at home.
- Holds up to the rough and abusive environment of children’s rooms.
- At the top of its class for comfort.
- A foot pump and self inflating foam makes inflation a breeze.
- Easy to use stuff sack.
- Big enough for 6’ tall people with room to spare.
- Doubles as a guest bed in a pinch!
- Tall enough to stay dry even if your tent floods a little bit.
- Comfortable without sheets
Reasons NOT to buy:
- If used in a semi permanent manner, it develops leaks.
- Really big for older tents.
- No backpack could hold this giant.
The Exped MegaMat 7.5/10 Sleeping Pad was designed to make car camping as comfortable as sleeping at home. Since it was intended for short hauls, Exped spared no weight or size to make this the most comfortable mattress you may have ever slept on. With a foam core that self inflates, and 4 inches between you and the ground, you can rest in easy comfort, sure that you will have no back or hip pain the next day. Finally, a basecamp mattress we can look forward to sleeping on.