We’ve read the reviews across the web for the Osprey Packs Aether AG 85L Backpack and summarize the results below:
Number of Ratings Reviewed: 145
Pros & Cons
Reasons to buy:
- Durable and large enough to carry all essentials.
- Removable day pack is highly functional and great for smaller day trips.
- The weight is distributed to prevent any uneven pressure.
- Shoulder straps do not dig into your skin.
- The fit is snug and doesn’t move around when using.
- Mesh pocket on the front for added storage, especially for wet or dirty gear.
- Great frame to hold heavier loads without any discomfort.
- Transfers weight efficiently to the hips to prevent a sore back.
- The contoured shoulder straps are comfortable.
- Breathable, despite having the comfort to carry heavy loads.
- Hydration reservoir sleeve for easy functionality.
- Features a flap-jacket cover so you can remove the top lid/day pack to reduce the size of the pack.
- Removable sleeping pad straps for extra functionality.
- Comes in several different colors which is fun.
- A workhorse pack that gets the job done.
- Lots of well thought out pockets and features.
- The full featured day pack, while relatively heavy, is well worth it if you commonly day hike on your trips.
Reasons NOT to buy:
- Not the lightest option on the market.
- The front opening is a bit tedious to access.
- No built-in rain cover.
- No zippered side pockets for easy access.
- Expensive when compared to other options.
- While this pack has Osprey’s “anti-gravity” system, it is not as effective as the version on their smaller packs like the Atmos.
- This pack tends to squeak and make noise in weird places which can be annoying.
- The sleeping pad straps are too short if you want to attach anything larger than a single foam pad in that spot.
- While Osprey typically makes terrific packs, they managed to both over- and under-engineer this pack at the same time.
The Osprey Packs Aether AG 85L Backpack is a durable, heavy-duty, and comfortable pack that is well-suited for those who carry heavy loads and want a fully functional backpack. Despite being expensive when compared to other options, the numerous pockets, removable top-lid day pack, and efficient weight transfer make this a high-quality choice for those who want to carry heavy weight without sacrificing comfort and durability.