We’ve read the reviews across the web for the Outdoor Research Ferrosi Jacket – Men’s and summarize the results below:
Number of Ratings Reviewed: 116
Pros & Cons
Reasons to buy:
- Breathes well during intense outdoor activity.
- Stretchy for ample mobility during movement.
- Functional and comfortable.
- Roomy enough to wear a base-layer underneath.
- Lightweight for intense activities.
- Fabric dries quickly after getting wet to maintain comfort and warmth.
- Thumb loops hold your sleeves in place.
- The chest and hand pockets are big enough to hold items comfortably.
- The composition of the material is breathable and durable.
- The elastic waistband lets you easily layer underneath and seal in the warmth.
- Material moves with you during activities.
- Doesn’t bunch up or feel restrictive during movement.
- Lightweight and packs down small.
- Water-resistant and wind-resistant for increased weather protection.
Reasons NOT to buy:
- No adjustment on the cuffs to seal in the warmth or cinch down to prevent sleeves from moving.
- Some reports of the sleeves being too long.
- Can pill around the high-abrasion areas.
- Not insulated or fleece-lined, so you will need to layer in cold temperatures.
- Not waterproof, and only lasts a short time in prolonged precipitation.
The Outdoor Research Ferrosi Jacket for men is a breathable, durable, and mobile jacket that is well-suited for intense outdoor activities. Despite not being waterproof and not being insulated, this jacket is good for active use in any temperature, since you can easily layer underneath. This jacket is great for people looking for a highly-mobile and breathable layering option.