We’ve read the reviews across the web for the Arc’teryx Cerium SV Hooded Down Jacket – Men’s and summarize the results below:
Number of Ratings Reviewed: 86
Pros & Cons
Reasons to buy:
- The cut and fit is great for activities due to the ample mobility.
- Able to layer easily under a shell during cold temperatures or to use as a stand-alone layer.
- Contains 850-fill down for ample warmth during breaks in activities.
- Very packable material and comes with a stuff sack for easy transportation.
- The hood completely covers and is fully adjustable to seal the warmth inside.
- Warmer than both the LT and SL of the same brand, keeping you comfortable down to -5 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Compressible and packable for easy transporting.
- The outer face fabric is resistant to moisture to prevent condensation buildup.
- Contains a chin guard for ample weather protection and keeping the wind out.
- This jacket contains a hood for maximal protection against the elements and warmth.
- Features 850-fill goose down for total warmth during cold temperatures.
- Features an optimal warmth-to-weight ratio for functionality.
- Features elastic cuffs and an adjustable hem drawcord for customization of fit.
Reasons NOT to buy:
- The front zipper isn’t a two-way separating zipper which some users might like.
- Some reports of the sleeves being tight and the armholes being a bit small.
- Some users question the long-term durability of the outer material against abrasions.
- Not as stylish as other options on the market.
- The durability is lacking against tough terrain when compared to other similar jacket choices.
The Arc’teryx Cerium SV Hooded Down Jacket for men is a compressible, protective, and functional option that is well-suited for layering underneath a durable shell or wearing as a stand-alone layer. Despite some questions about the durability of the exterior material, this jacket provides a great warmth-to-weight ratio for cold and dry climates. This hooded down jacket is completely adjustable and can easily be packed for longer adventures.