We’ve read the reviews across the web for the Salomon S-Lab Sense Ultra 5L Hydration Vest and summarize the results below:
Number of Ratings Reviewed: 54
Pros & Cons
Reasons to buy:
- Comes with two flasks for ease of use.
- Sits on your torso comfortably.
- Pockets in the front for added convenience.
- Large pocket on the back is big enough to hold most items.
- Very lightweight which makes it comfortable to wear for long runs.
- Lightweight and minimal for bringing a few essentials.
- Remains secure and comfortable during use.
- Able to hold two-500ml soft flasks for convenience and functionality.
- Fits enough gear for half-day runs.
- Pockets are accessible without having to remove the pack.
- Durable material and construction for long-term use.
- Plenty of options for adjustment of fit.
Reasons NOT to buy:
- Might not have enough storage to use for 20+ mile runs.
- You might need to size up so the vest doesn’t rub while using.
- There aren’t any pockets with a zipper that can hold a modern smartphone.
- Not the best breathability in warm weather.
- Can be a bit tedious to get the soft flasks into their pockets.
The Salomon S-Lab Sense Ultra 5L Hydration Vest is a comfortable, secure, and lightweight option that carries minimal gear for short to half-day runs. Despite not having enough storage for 20+ miles, this vest could work well for runners who want an easy-to-use, convenient, and adjustable vest for their training runs or half-marathons.