We’ve read the reviews across the web for the Mountain Hardwear Optic 2.5 Tent: 2-Person 3-Season and summarize the results below:
Number of Ratings Reviewed: 41
Pros & Cons
Reasons to buy:
- Solid and sturdy, while remaining lightweight.
- Able to use efficiently for both backpacking and car camping due to the size and being relatively lightweight.
- Double adjacent doors allow for extra convenience and space.
- Pockets allow for ample storage inside the tent.
- Holds up well in wet weather.
- Set-up is simple and the poles are easy to use.
- Very tough and durable, being comprised of high-quality materials.
- Double doors are huge and provide a roomy feel and convenience.
- Doors aid in ventilation and breathability.
- Can get a panoramic view due to the double-doors.
- The floor at the bottom is higher up to prevent any splash back from outside, keeping water from getting in.
- Contains impressive technical features.
- Features tie-backs to control the amount of ventilation you need.
- Features internal pockets and gear loft to keep organized.
Reasons NOT to buy:
- Despite being usable for backpacking, might be a little heavy for extended trips.
- The front door is so big, that it might let some precipitation inside when opening.
- A little heavy for long backpacking trips, and can take up a decent amount of space due to having heavy-duty materials.
- No external vents results in limited breathability.
- The design doesn’t let you get cross-flow ventilation, producing some moisture buildup.
- No footprint is included.
The Mountain Hardwear Optic 2.5 Tent: 2-Person 3-Season is a durable, roomy, and protective option, that is well-suited for shorter backpacking trips or car-camping excursions. Despite being a little heavy for extended backpacking trips, the easy set-up, nice features, and ample inside space make this a great choice for various two-person adventures.