We’ve read the reviews across the web for the Tenaya RA Climbing Shoe and summarize the results below:
Number of Ratings Reviewed: 42
Pros & Cons
Reasons to buy:
- Very soft and comfortable.
- The slight down-turn and medium-stiffness creates a versatile shoe.
- Makes your feet feel secure.
- The thinner material gives ample feedback.
- Smears extremely well and provides excellent stick.
- Well designed and moderately aggressive for some harder routes.
- The mid-sole combines stiffness and sensitivity for ideal performance.
- The dual straps provide a secure closure.
- The Vibram grip rubber lets you smear easily.
- The 4mm rubber on the mid-sole is high-quality.
- The snug fit provides a secure and stable feel.
- Great shoe for all-day use due to the comfort and performance provided.
- Performs well on technical face climbs due to the construction and material.
Reasons NOT to buy:
- Not good at edging because they are too soft.
- The square toe-box makes it more difficult to fit into pockets.
- The heel has some movement during use.
- Some users may think the 4mm feels thick during the first few uses.
- Reports of the toe-box folding up after use, which makes it less reliable.
The Tenaya RA Climbing Shoe is a secure and comfortable option that is well-suited for climbers who frequently smear and climb on technical faces. Despite the toe-box preventing the best fit for pockets and the construction being too soft for edging, the shoe is designed for proficiency on smearing, a slight down-turn for more aggressive climbs, and medium-stiffness for added versatility.