We’ve read the reviews across the web for the La Sportiva TX2 Approach Shoe – Men’s and summarize the results below:
Number of Ratings Reviewed: 64
Pros & Cons
Reasons to buy:
- Rubber combines stickiness and flexibility to climb on small holds.
- The shape is wide enough in the toes to be comfortable and supportive for walking.
- The mesh lets you easily tighten the shoes for climbing securely and loosen them for comfort while walking.
- Very lightweight for use during longer approaches.
- Very packable due to the collapsible upper material.
- The protective coating can withstand abrasions to create a durable shoe.
- Able to clip them to your harness efficiently and easy for transport.
- Combines breathability, grip, and flexibility.
- The mid-sole is both cushioned and lightweight.
- Lacing system lets you easily adjust the fit to customize how snug you want the shoes.
- Combines softness with stability for use on both climbing and trails.
- Extremely lightweight when compared to other options.
Reasons NOT to buy:
- Very narrow where the arches are, which can put pressure on some people’s feet.
- Some durability issues with the laces ripping after use.
- The synthetic materials are not as durable as leather.
- Will need more supportive shoes for heavy packs and higher arches.
The La Sportiva TX2 Approach Shoe is a breathable, lightweight, and adjustable option that is well-suited for climbers who want an all-around choice for various terrain. Despite being less durable due to the material and construction, the shoe provides ample mobility, ventilation, and support for approaches and tough climbs.