We’ve read the reviews across the web for the Adidas Outdoor Terrex Swift R2 Mid GTX Hiking Shoe – Men’s and summarize the results below:
Number of Ratings Reviewed: 617
Pros & Cons
Reasons to buy:
- Provides stiffness and support without being uncomfortable.
- The rubber has plenty of grip to prevent falling on slippery or wet ground.
- Waterproof to keep your feet dry during inclement weather.
- The ankle collar prevents any ankle rolls on uneven terrain.
- Provides plenty of protection against sharp or rough terrain.
- Remains lightweight for all-day comfort and easy packing capabilities.
- The construction and materials provide stability to prevent rolled ankles.
- Stiff enough to support your joints while carrying medium loads.
- The sole has deep and durable lugs to grip on a wide variety of terrain without trouble.
- The shoe has a short break-in period for almost immediate comfort.
- Waterproof to keep your feet dry during prolonged precipitation.
- Durable to last multiple hiking seasons.
Reasons NOT to buy:
- If you wear these shoes too much on concrete, you could wear down the rubber grip over time.
- The shape might not fit well for those who have naturally wide feet, so you should try-on before purchasing.
- Stiffer than other similar options on the market, so might not be the best for those who want a super-agile shoe.
The Adidas Outdoor Terrex Swift R2 Mid GTX Hiking Shoe is a stable, supportive, and waterproof option that will keep your feet dry, protected, and comfortable for long backpacking treks. If you are a frequent hiker who needs a stiff shoe for protecting against tough terrain and preventing ankle rolls, this could be the best choice.