We’ve read the reviews across the web for the Marmot Limelight Tent: 4-Person 3-Season and summarize the results below:
Number of Ratings Reviewed: 64
Pros & Cons
Reasons to buy:
- Ample room for two adults and gear.
- The floor material is heavy and durable to withstand abrasion.
- You can stand up in the tent for convenience during activities.
- Easy and quick set-up for quick convenience.
- Ample pockets to securely store gear.
- Strong poles keep the tent secure and stable.
- Large front door for convenience.
- The design of the tent floor prevents leaks during heavy precipitation.
- Inexpensive in terms of a 4-person tent when compared to other options.
- Comes with a footprint and gear loft for efficiency.
- The design prevents rain from entering the tent during inclement weather.
- Stands up against strong winds to provide full protection.
- Two large vents at the front and rear provide ample cross-ventilation.
Reasons NOT to buy:
- In damp and humid weather you can get some condensation buildup.
- Can fit four people inside, but you won’t have enough room for gear as well.
- The vestibules prevent gear from getting cluttered, but you won’t have enough room for everyone’s.
- A bit heavy for long trips, since the tent comes in at almost 9 pounds.
- Need to close the vestibules when you want privacy at night, taking some extra effort and time.
- No pressure adjustment on the footprint, so it can sometimes be loose.
- Too small for 4 people to fit comfortably.
The Marmot Limelight Tent: 4-Person 3-Season is a protective, functional, and ventilated option that is well-suited for 3-season use, ideally for 2-3 people with gear. Despite not having enough room for four people to fit with all of their gear inside, the tent provides ample room for 2 or 3 people and all of their gear, in addition to headroom to give vertical clearance. This tent is a good choice for those who need a waterproof, wind proof, and breathable tent for almost the entire year.