We’ve read the reviews across the web for the MSR Hubba Hubba NX Tent: 2-Person 3-Season and summarize the results below:
Number of Ratings Reviewed: 514
Pros & Cons
Reasons to buy:
- Easy to set up for quick and efficient use.
- Vestibule doors open on opposite sides to increase air flow on hot days.
- Plenty of room to store all of your gear for 1-2 people on extended trips.
- Very durable for long-lasting use over multiple seasons.
- The rain fly can be opened or closed for additional ventilation options.
- Wind-resistant to prevent the tent from blowing over in strong conditions.
- Lightweight enough for long backpacking trips when shared between two packs.
- Easy to set up for quick use setting up and taking down camp.
- Plenty of space to sit up inside while reading or organizing your bag.
- Features extensive interior space due to the pole configuration.
- Provides great weather resistance during tough conditions.
- Comes with a stuff sack for effective transportation and organization.
- The colored clips on the poles enhance the ease-of-use.
- Freestanding for use on a wide variety of terrain.
- The floor is comprised of 30-denier material for impressive durability.
- Very waterproof for being a lightweight tent.
- The poles are very strong, sturdy, and resistant to breaking for long-lasting confidence.
Reasons NOT to buy:
- May not be the best choice for solo-backpacking trips where weight is a key factor.
- Some reports of the tent leaking and not being completely waterproof in prolonged precipitation.
- Might be too heavy for solo trips due to the tent weighing 3.5 pounds.
- Despite being roomy inside, it may not have as much interior space as some of its’ competitors.
- Does not come with enough guylines for some users’ preferences.
- On the higher end of the price range when compared to other similar tents.
- Might not be warm or protective enough for 4-season camping.
- Even though the tent has storage options, other tents on the market have more pockets and better-placed organizational features.
The MSR Hubba Hubba NX Tent: 2-Person 3-Season is a durable, lightweight, and spacious tent that can be used for 1 or 2-person camping and backpacking trips. Even though it might be a bit too heavy for one-person solo-trekking, this tent is easy to set up, protects you from inclement weather, and withstands tough and sharp terrain.