We’ve read the reviews across the web for the Rab Ascent Down Jacket – Women’s and summarize the results below:
Number of Ratings Reviewed: 75
Pros & Cons
Reasons to buy:
- High-quality material and construction for a long-lasting product.
- Warm and comfortable for various conditions.
- The fit is stylish and fits well without being too tight or too loose.
- Very lofty for a comfortable feel and provides warmth on cold days.
- Ample pockets for storage space that will securely hold your valuables.
- The outer material is durable and can withstand abrasions for rough use.
- The hood is adjustable to ensure it fully covers and protects.
- Provides an excellent warmth-to-weight ratio.
- Keeps you warm while sedentary in single-digit temperatures.
- The hood is fully-insulated and removable for functionality and warmth.
- Hood can cinch down over your forehead to block out the intense weather.
- The wire brim keeps precipitation out of your face and doesn’t block your view.
- The fleece-lined collar ensures that wind won’t get into the jacket, and is backed by a snap over the mouth area for additional warmth.
- Baffles remain in place over prolonged use to keep the warmth evenly distributed.
- The outer fabric is able to repeal precipitation for extra weather protection.
Reasons NOT to buy:
- The removable hood doesn’t have zippers for functionality and convenience.
- The fit is a little bit slim-fitting for a traditional parka, which some users may not like.
- Some users may want a fixed hood for a heavy-duty jacket instead of a removable hood.
The Rab Ascent Down Jacket for women is a lofty, comfortable, and functional jacket that provides an excellent warmth-to-weight ratio for functionality. This jacket can keep you warm in below-freezing temperatures, while the hood can keep out precipitation from your face. Despite some users wanting a fixed hood and the jacket being slim-fitting, this down jacket provides ample warmth, pocket space, and durable outer material to withstand tough use.