We’ve read the reviews across the web for the The North Face Venture 2 Jacket – Women’s and summarize the results below:
Number of Ratings Reviewed: 3458
Pros & Cons
Reasons to buy:
- Breathable due to pit zips.
- Relaxed fit allows for easy layering.
- Adjustable velcro wrist closure.
- Large inside pockets.
- Cinching cord at waist and on the back of the hood.
- Three zippered outside pockets.
- Hood is big enough to cover whole head and hair line.
- Velcro closure over the front zipper prevents catching.
- Visor on the hood keeps rain out of your face.
- Secure-zip hand pockets.
- Hood is easy to cinch.
- Velcro cuffs do a good job at sealing out the water around the wrists.
- The jacket’s shell compresses into its left pocket.
- The hood is sized big enough that it can fit over a hat without being overly bulky.
- The zipper includes double storm flaps.
- Due to thin nature and DryVent technology, this jacket ranks high in breathability.
- Inner storm flap prevents chaffing when the jacket is zipped up all the way.
- Lightweight option at 10.6 ounces.
Reasons NOT to buy:
- Does not provide warmth, so will need to wear under layer in cold temperatures.
- Waterproofing is not the most reliable.
- Discrepancies in the color on the website, and the received product.
- The pockets aren’t lined.
- Hood can fit a bit large, and block peripheral vision.
- The two inside pockets aren’t zipped.
- Waxy lining inside is not comfortable or warm.
- Seam where the hood attaches is not as strong as the other seams, with some fraying possible.
- No mesh lining in the sleeves, so it may stick to your arms.
- Sizing runs large.
- Jacket is not a true ‘women’s’ fit, and is a more relaxed fit.
- There are some complaints about the jacket feeling too thin.
- Velcro may snag on the mesh pockets.
- The hood tighteners do not have ‘stoppers’, so they may loosen unexpectedly.
- Top fabric layer wetted-out fairly quickly in heavy rain.
- Intense weather causes shoulders and arms of the jacket to become soaked through.
- Jacket does not dry quickly after being soaked.
- Bill on the hood is not as sturdy as others at keeping rain away.
- Not the highest ranking in terms of durability.
The North Face Venture 2 Jacket for women is a great low-price option that combines functionality with style. The wind and waterproof, lightweight material, and stylish appearance make this a good choice for a hike, or a walk to the store. This is a three-season jacket due to its ability to retain warmth, relaxed fit, and breathability.