We’ve read the reviews across the web for the Redington Behemoth Series Fly Reel and summarize the results below:
Number of Ratings Reviewed: 158
Pros & Cons
Reasons to buy:
- Very affordable choice compared to other options on the market.
- Handles well since it has rubber to prevent your hands from slipping.
- Drag knob is big for ease-of-use and convenience.
- Great price for the high-quality construction.
- The construction is solid and the arbor is big for added convenience.
- Provides a good drag and feel while using.
- Comes with a drag package that can withstand 30 pounds of weight and capacity for extra functionality.
- This reel is very reasonably priced for the heavy-duty construction and weight it can handle.
- Features die-cast construction to keep the price low and affordable.
- The wider spool picks up line faster than your standard spool for quickness.
- Stylish and ergonomic reel.
Reasons NOT to buy:
- Heavy compared to other options on the market.
- The finish shows some wear-and-tear after use.
- The sound is a bit muted while incoming and outgoing which some users may not like.
- Some users may not like the wider spool, which can be prone to line pileup.
- The durability isn’t the best, with some issues after being dropped.
The Redington Behemoth Series Fly Reel is a heavy-duty, efficient, and fairly-priced reel that provides high-quality for an affordable price. Despite some complaints about durability after dropping it and some users not liking the V-shaped spool, the easy handling, easy-to-use functionality, and good feel while using makes this a good choice for those who want a strong and functional reel.