We’ve read the reviews across the web for the Simms G3 Guide Stockingfoot Wader – Men’s and summarize the results below:
PeakScore: 94 (out of 100)
User Rating: 4.9 stars
Expert Rating: 4.2 stars
Number of Ratings Reviewed: 58
Pros & Cons
Reasons to buy:
- Allows for maximum movement and is not constricting.
- The handwarmer pocket is good for keeping hands warm or holding a beverage.
- The waders can transform into hip waders by rolling down the upper part, and using the suspenders as a belt, adding to the functionality.
- The 5-layer section keeps the body parts dry when underwater, and the 3-layer upper adds to the breathability.
- No signs of wear-and-tear or leaks after use.
- The newest model increased breathability by 190%, increased puncture-resistance by 31%, and made it lighter-weight by 30%.
- The seams are placed along the front and back of the legs to prevent rubbing against each other.
- The zippered front pocket secures valuable items, and the handwarmer pocket has a storm flap over the top to keep contents secure.
- The outer layer is soft and feels more like a fabric than a plastic, like some other waders.
- The Gore-Tex membrane keeps the user dry and maintains optimal body temperature.
- The flip-out pocket is detachable for efficiency.
- The gravel guards are durable and do not come off.
- The front and back leg seams help to articulate the knee, allowing for ample mobility.
- The belt loops are low-profile and durable.
- The gravel guards are resistant to abrasions and punctures.
Reasons NOT to buy:
- The Fly Patch is not included.
- So-so breathability.
The Simms G3 Guide Stockingfoot Wader for men is a top-choice in wader for the serious flyfisher, thanks to the mobility, functionality, security, warmth, and waterproofing. This is one of the best choices on the market today, with superb technical abilities, and the high price tag reflects the quality.