We’ve read the reviews across the web for the Salomon S-Lab Sense Ultra 8L Hydration Vest and summarize the results below:
Number of Ratings Reviewed: 51
Pros & Cons
Reasons to buy:
- Ample storage and comfortable for long-term use.
- Everything stays in place while moving, creating a stable and secure product.
- The tighteners on the front of the pack were improved from the previous models and are highly functional.
- Stretchy to provide ample mobility during activities.
- Doesn’t bounce or move around while using for a comfortable and supportive fit.
- The storage options make it easy to get the water bottles in the chest pockets for easy access.
- The pockets are flexible and can stretch, but ensure that the items won’t bounce around much while running.
- The vest is lightweight and comfortable for long runs.
- The large rear pocket can fit a small hydration bladder for extra functionality.
- The 4-way stretch fabric features a mesh back to enhance ventilation.
Reasons NOT to buy:
- Contains a lot of metal in the construction, so it might get hot in warm weather.
- The elastic strings that hold the bottles in place are not the most durable for long-term use.
- The cell phone storage doesn’t fit most larger smartphones now a days, limiting the functionality.
- Salomon products run slim, so you may need to size-up or try-on before purchasing.
- The tightening loops aren’t adjustable which limits the personalization.
The Salomon S-Lab Sense Ultra 8L Hydration Vest is a functional, comfortable, and stretchy product that can carry plenty of gear and accessories for runners on long training days. Despite the sizing running small and some points lacking adjustability, the vest provides the storage, support, and comfort required for any level of runner.