We’ve read the reviews across the web for the Therm-a-Rest LuxuryLite Mesh Cot and summarize the results below:
Number of Ratings Reviewed: 154
Pros & Cons
Reasons to buy:
- Easy to put together and take apart for increased user-friendliness.
- Very comfortable for all-night use.
- Helps keep you cool during hot sleeping conditions.
- The cot is a good item to purchase if you want extra comfort while sleeping without spending a lot of money on a high-end cot or sleeping pad.
- Lightweight for easy transporting and carrying to your campsite.
- Lightweight for easy carrying.
- Flexible and versatile to adjust to nearly any season if you use it together with a sleeping bag during the colder months.
- Easily packed when cleaning up after a camping trip.
- The cot works well both indoors and outdoors for extra versatility.
Reasons NOT to buy:
- Might be a little too heavy for longer backpacking trips.
- The width might be too narrow for some body types to fit comfortably.
- Some reports of the cot being too fragile to withstand durable use.
- Might take some time to put together if you are new at using a cot.
- Might need to use together with a foam pad to prevent heat loss during cold nights.
- You might bottom out on the cot since you are so close to the ground, reducing the comfort and functionality.
- Not the most durable option for use over multiple seasons.
The Therm-a-Rest LuxuryLite Mesh Cot is a lightweight, budget-friendly, and comfortable option that works well for those who want a little extra comfort during camping trips. However, this is not the best option for backpackers who need to carry their gear long distances, or for those who want a high-end and high-cost cot/pad to last them multiple years. Even so, for those on a budget, this is a good option.