We’ve read the reviews across the web for the Volcom L Gore-Tex Jacket – Men’s and summarize the results below:
Number of Ratings Reviewed: 71
Pros & Cons
Reasons to buy:
- Great price for the high-quality jacket you get.
- Provides windproofing and functional features for high performance.
- Comfortable and lightweight for all-day use.
- Contains numerous pockets for ample storage for long days on the mountain.
- Enough room for layering comfortably to allow versatility in numerous weather conditions.
- Very durable to withstand abrasion and wear and tear after prolonged use.
- Helmet-compatible for added functionality and protection.
- Contoured hood provides a seal around the goggles to keep the weather out.
- Provides ample waterproofing for a lightweight layer.
- Pockets let you hold all your gear easily and efficiently for organization.
- Lightweight, but remains durable for active use in tough terrain.
Reasons NOT to buy:
- The zipper on the outside of the pockets goes a different way than some users are used to, which limits the ease and convenience.
- Might not be heavy enough for a stand-alone layer in very cold conditions.
- No sleeve for your pocket pass which limits the compatibility.
- Just a shell, so not made to be the warmest option in very cold weather.
- Not the most breathable option on the market.
The Volcom L Gore-Tex Jacket for men is a durable, weatherproof, and lightweight option that combines protection with comfort. Despite lacking enough insulation to use as a stand-alone layer in cold conditions, this is a good choice for versatility, layering, weather protection, and all-day comfort.
Note: User and expert rankings were reviewed across the web. Some expert reviews include these: 1.