We’ve read the reviews across the web for the Patagonia Capilene Thermal Weight Hooded Zip-Neck Top – Men’s and summarize the results below:
Number of Ratings Reviewed: 49
Pros & Cons
Reasons to buy:
- Very comfy.
- Breathable but warm.
- The long zipper increases breathability.
- The hood is great for regulating temperature without having to carry a hat around.
- The thumb loops are great for layering.
- Offers good odor control.
- Very warm.
- Allows good breathability through the fabric, the chest zipper, and the easy to roll sleeves.
- Works well next to skin, but also over other layers.
Reasons NOT to buy:
- The new version does not have a chest pocket, which is sorely missed.
- Not fashionable enough to wear around town.
- Does not dry as quickly as other tops, largely because of the expedition-weight fabric.
- The fabric pills with heavy use, although the piece overall is built to last.
The Patagonia Capilene Thermal Weight Hooded Zip-Neck Top for men is an expedition-weight underlayer that pulls its weight with softness, comfort, and great warmth. This top allows for comfortable warmth in the coldest temperatures, while also being highly breathable for high-output activities. Although the new version is missing the much-loved chest pocket, the hood and thumb loops remain to keep you sealed inside a cozy cocoon for any adventure.
Note: User and expert rankings were reviewed across the web, including here: 1.