We’ve read the reviews across the web for the Arc’teryx Alpha Composite Pant – Men’s and summarize the results below:
Number of Ratings Reviewed: 32
Pros & Cons
Reasons to buy:
- Very versatile to work in various conditions, like ice climbing and rock climbing.
- Lightweight and flexible for comfort and mobility.
- Very breathable to keep you ventilated during hard days on the mountain.
- Provides some water and wind resistance for weather protection.
- The whole front and side of the leg is Gore-Tex fabric for extra protection.
- Anti-crampon patches on the back of the cuff and the leg for protection against rips and tears.
- Features a zippered-gusset at the ankle to fit with ski boots for added compatibility.
- The waist-belt is easy to use and adjustable for customization of fit.
Reasons NOT to buy:
- Some users may need a different fit for their body type.
- Only one leg pocket, which causes a lack of secure storage and convenience.
- The outer stretch-woven fabric isn’t the most durable to withstand abrasions.
- Doesn’t have a clip at the bottom of the pants to clip your pant bottom into your boots for functionality.
- XS size is not offered, so the sizing might not go small enough for some users.
- Only has one pocket, which limits the storage capabilities.
- Lacks some windproofing abilities on the upper thigh for extra warmth.
The Arc’teryx Alpha Composite Pant for men is a versatile, lightweight, and breathable pant that is well-suited for those who want a comfortable and mobile option. However, the lack of durability and the fit issues will be concerning for some. If you frequently are in tough terrain and need a rip-proof pant, then this isn’t the best choice for you. However, if you want moderate weather-resistance and need a highly-breathable pant, then this could be the pant you’re looking for.
Note: User and expert rankings were reviewed across the web. Some expert reviews include these: 1.