We’ve read the reviews across the web for the NEMO Equipment Inc. Helio LX Pressure Shower and summarize the results below:
Number of Ratings Reviewed: 115
Pros & Cons
Reasons to buy:
- Packs up small and efficiently for easy transportation in a pack.
- The screw-top makes it easy to get inside and dry and clean the inside for functionality.
- Useful for car camping trips or activities that are in the dirt or the mud, like climbing or mountain biking.
- Built of high-quality materials and construction for a durable product.
- Filling and operating the shower is easy and efficient.
- Features a welded fabric tank with a 22-liter capacity for plenty of water for numerous showers.
- Uses a foot pump to pressurize the water tank easily.
- The foot pump delivers excellent water pressure for a warm shower.
- Provides 7-10 minutes of steady water pressure for ample functionality.
- The port is easy to fill for added convenience.
- Provides 20% more water pressure than previous options, creating a functional and high-performance shower.
- Collapses over to just 6″ for easy transportation when not filled.
Reasons NOT to buy:
- Some reports of the adhesive seal near the fill port failing and rendering the shower useless.
- Have to bend down or sit or squat to get the right amount of water pressure from the nozzle for functionality.
- There is no strain relief on the water tubing, causing it to kink as you move the showerhead around.
- No shoulder strap for easier transport of the tens-of-pounds of water you will be carrying.
- The showerhead is small, so it won’t act like a normal showerhead at home.
- The narrow opening does not let as much water out at one time.
- The Helio can be too bulky to easily pack inside another backpack.
- Must hold the ON position for it to continue working while you are showering.
- Some seams can break easily, citing a lack of durability.
The NEMO Equipment Inc. Helio LX Pressure Shower is a easy-to-fill, high-pressure, and easy-to-use option that could work well for car camping trips. The issue with the pressure shower is the bulkiness of the item reducing the ability to transport long distances, and being very difficult to carry while filled with water. This pressure shower could be a good choice for those who solely go car camping and do not mind about the reports of a lack of durability.