We’ve read the reviews across the web for the Petzl Cirro Large Crashpad and summarize the results below:
PeakScore: 81 (out of 100)
User Rating: 4.3 stars
Expert Rating: 3.5 stars
Number of Ratings Reviewed: 11
Pros & Cons
Reasons to buy:
- Comfortable and reliable to fall on while climbing.
- Comfortable to use as both a crash pad and for lounging around after or between climbs.
- The taco design makes it easy to carry all of your other gear conveniently.
- The shoulder straps are comfortable to use for efficiently carrying your pad.
- Sturdy and big enough for bouldering performance.
- Can double to use as a sleeping pad for extra versatility.
- Easy to move under a climbing partner for additional functionality.
- The construction is high-quality and the zippers work well without catching.
- Ample cushioning for comfort during falls.
- On par with the rest of the competition in terms of protection and cushioning from falls.
- Utilizes open-cell foam that provides ample cushioning during a fall.
- The spring-back quality of the foam is very high quality and provides ample bounce from falls.
- The carry harness is low profile and comfortable for ease of use.
- The pad is easily adjustable via buckles and Velcro straps for personal customization.
- The flap closure prevents the pads from getting dirty during transportation.
- When the pad is unzipped, the straps can be covered so they do not get muddy and wet.
- The carrying system has wide shoulder and hip straps for a comfortable fit.
- The foam is durable and long-lasting for many months.
Reasons NOT to buy:
- Since there are so many features with the pad, it can take a little bit longer to get set up and pack up after use.
- Some reports of the shoulder straps not being the most comfortable after prolonged use.
- The landing material is somewhat slippery and could potentially cause someone to fall off of the pad.
- Some users reports the zipper getting stuck and being unable to unzip.
- The reinforced rubberized corners sometimes have the internal wire stick out, causing some durability issues and potential safety problems.
- The pads are pretty heavy compared to other options on the market.
The Petzl Cirro Large Crashpad is a comfortable, protective, and easy-to-carry option that is well-suited for climbers who want a padded and comfortable choice. Despite being tedious to set up and heavier than other options, this crashpad could be a good choice for climbers who want a durable and long-lasting choice.
Note: User and expert rankings were reviewed across the web. Some expert reviews include these: 1, 2, 3, 4.