We’ve read the reviews across the web for the Metolius Ultralight Curve Nut Packaged Set #1-10 and summarize the results below:
PeakScore: 91 (out of 100)
User Rating: 4.8 stars
Expert Rating: 4 stars
Number of Ratings Reviewed: 12
Pros & Cons
Reasons to buy:
- 10 sizing choices for functionality and convenience.
- One side is concave which enhances versatility.
- Great design and weight for trad climbing.
- Place and clean easier than other options.
- Lightweight, but still feels secure.
- Feels very secure when placing.
- The camming ability from the two grooved sides allows for more diversity.
- 30% lighter than previous models, saving on the weight.
- The steel cable keeps them secure.
- A lighter weight than other options.
- The taper lets you slot them more naturally than other options.
Reasons NOT to buy:
- Expensive when compared to other options.
- If you only carry a single set of nuts, you might not really notice the weight difference.
The Metolius Ultralight Curve Nut Packaged Set #1-10 is a lightweight, functional, and secure set that is great for those who want to save on weight without limiting the functionality. Despite being more expensive than other options, this is a good choice for trad climbers who want versatility due to the various sizing options, and easy placement due to the two grooved sides.
Note: User and expert rankings were reviewed across the web. Some expert reviews include these: 1.