We’ve read the reviews across the web for the Thule Universal Bike Stacker and summarize the results below:
Number of Ratings Reviewed: 144
Pros & Cons
Reasons to buy:
- Pretty easy to assemble for ease of use.
- Sturdier than any rack that uses floor to ceiling friction to stand up, enhancing the durability.
- Holds both mountain bikes and road bikes comfortably.
- The rack is flexible enough to pull the bike on the bottom of the rack forwards or backwards to condense space and store easily.
- The parts were well-labeled and easy to put together.
- Good choice for those who live in a small space or have limited storage.
- Works well for if you do not want a permanently-affixing option but still need an indoor storage option.
- Stylish design that can be easily kept inside of an apartment without looking out of place.
- Opening and setting up the bike stacker is easy to do and efficient.
- Completely freestanding, meaning you don’t need to buy any other equipment to affix it to the wall and you can easily move it around.
- The bike rack is cushioned so you don’t scratch your bikes while unloading or loading.
- Allows for 2 bikes to be mounted at one time, enhancing the functionality.
Reasons NOT to buy:
- If you try to move the rack by grabbing the bar, the entire apparatus falls apart since the part isn’t attached to the bottom.
- The arms are solid but they do not fit securely when you screw them in.
- The bike rack is a little bit wobbly in the center where the two main pieces connect.
- Wouldn’t be the best choice for XS women’s or kid’s bikes due to the construction.
- The adjustment feet are short and might cause the rack to become uneven and not level while using.
- You need tools to set up the bike stacker that are not included within the package you buy.
- The bike stacker might be difficult for a smaller person or a child to unload or load.
The Thule Universal Bike Stacker is a sturdy, durable, and functional option for those who frequently hold 2 bikes, need versatility on the kinds of bikes they want to hold, and want an easy-to-set-up option. With easily adjustable and cushioned parts, you can rest assured your bike will not be damaged during the unloading or loading process.
Note: User and expert rankings were reviewed across the web. Some expert reviews include these: 1.