We’ve read the reviews across the web for the HT Components T1 Clipless Pedal and summarize the results below:
Number of Ratings Reviewed: 43
Pros & Cons
Reasons to buy:
- Comes in a variety of colors for personalization.
- Once you get used to the clipping mechanism, it is very quick and easy to use.
- Works very well for endurance riders that need a strong and secure clip-in mechanism.
- Provides a wide tension adjustment for customization of fit.
- Low profile and stylish for a sleek look.
- Inexpensive compared to other choices on the market so you can ensure you get a great deal.
- Adjustable to provide a wide range of customizations.
- The rounded tension bar provides an easy and quick release.
- Available in many colors so users can personalize their look.
- Offers a large enough platform to provide ample support.
- Offers four different cleat designs for compatibility.
- Durable to protect against impacts.
- The needle bearings run smoothly and do not develop play even after prolonged use.
- The retention system is reliable on rough and tough terrain.
Reasons NOT to buy:
- Takes a few rides to get used to the front spring mechanism, which can lengthen the adjustment period.
- You might need to clean out the debris and dirt from the bearings more often than other pedals on the market.
- Isn’t as smooth as Shimano pedals, which some experienced cyclists may not like.
- Shin strikes are more painful than other pedal choices.
- Heavier compared to other options on the market.
- The clip-in mechanism does not rotate, which limits the functionality.
The HT Components T1 Clipless Pedal is a durable, adjustable, and secure clipless pedal that works well for a wide variety of trail conditions. Despite being a bit heavier compared to other options, this could be a great choice for cyclists who want an easy to use, inexpensive, and stylish option that will last many years.