We’ve read the reviews across the web for the Giro Aether MIPS Helmet and summarize the results below:
Number of Ratings Reviewed: 67
Pros & Cons
Reasons to buy:
- The helmet is lightweight on your head for all-day comfort.
- The straps are easy to adjust for efficiency.
- The helmet does a great job of protecting your head in tough crashes.
- The helmet provides ample visibility to easily see in all directions.
- Stylish and sleek looks so you can feel good while in the saddle.
- Lightweight for comfort during all-day use.
- Uses cooling properties to provide temperature regulation during warm days.
- Contains a translucent band across the top of the helmet which adds some extra protection against impact.
- The adjustment knob is quick and efficient to use, creating an easy way to tighten or loosen the helmet.
- Provides a secure fit without creating any hot spots or uncomfortable spots in the helmet.
- The low profile look and the style make it comfortable and sleek for a timeless look.
- Contains MIPS spherical protection for rotational head impacts.
- Features foam that is designed to fit into smaller spaces and absorb tough head impacts.
- Features an integrated eyewear port to keep your sunglasses secure while you are not wearing them.
- The Giro logo is a stylish addition to the sleek look of the helmet, with a laser-cut opening on the back of the shell.
Reasons NOT to buy:
- Expensive compared to other options on the market, so might be too pricey for some cyclists.
- Expensive compared to other options on the market.
- Not categorized as an “aero road” helmet, so it might not be as performance-oriented as you may need.
- The new technology in the helmet is unproven, so some users might want a more trusted and reliable choice.
- Not the lightest option for a high-end and expensive helmet.
The Giro Aether MIPS Helmet is a protective, comfortable, and adjustable option that works well for cyclists who want a combination of both performance qualities and all-day comfort. With temperature regulation qualities and stylish and sleek looks, this helmet could be a good choice for any level of cyclist.