We’ve read the reviews across the web for the ION K-Pact Zip Knee Pad and summarize the results below:
Number of Ratings Reviewed: 32
Pros & Cons
Reasons to buy:
- Very comfortable for all-day use.
- Feels secure without any movement while pedaling.
- The interior padding can be molded to fit your individual knee shape and size.
- Breathable for use in warm and hot conditions during long rides.
- Completely protects your knee from hard crashes and tough terrain.
- You can zip them on without having to remove your shoes, adding to the functionality and ease-of-use.
- Features Velcro straps at the top and bottom of the pads for easy adjustability.
- Silicone inside the pad prevents any sliding or movement during use.
- Features extra padding for increased protection on tough terrain.
- The material on the back of the pad increases ventilation and temperature regulation during warm days.
Reasons NOT to buy:
- The sizing runs small, so you need to order a size-up online or try-on in person before buying to get the correct fit for your knee.
- Bulkier and less-stylish than other pads on the market.
- The material and tight fit can leave pressure marks on your shin, which can be uncomfortable after all-day use.
- The sizing runs small, so you may need to try-on in person before purchasing or order a size up online.
- The bigger thigh-opening may make the sizing difficult for those with skinny legs.
The ION K-Pact Zip Knee Pad is a protective, sturdy, and comfortable option that will keep your knee protected during falls on tough terrain, and remain in place during all-day mountain bike adventures. Once you can find the correct fit, this knee pad is easily adjustable, breathable, and well-padded for all-day, everyday use.