We’ve read the reviews across the web for the Lake MX237 Wide Endurance Cycling Shoe – Men’s and summarize the results below:
Number of Ratings Reviewed: 11
Pros & Cons
Reasons to buy:
- Works well on long and tough rides, showing ample durability.
- Very comfortable for all-day use.
- Keeps your feet pretty cool while wearing, preventing any heat buildup in your shoes.
- Able to withstand tough terrain like mud and water.
- Dries quickly for all-day comfort and ease of use.
- Comfortable to wear in and out of the saddle.
- Wide enough to accommodate various foot shapes.
- Features a grippy rubber sole for functionality.
- Uses high-quality materials and construction for a long-lasting product.
- You can easily tighten the lacing to get the heel to fit snug and secure.
- Features enough room to add an orthodic insert if needed.
- The upper material is more robust and durable when compared to other similar options on the market.
- Very comfortable for long-term and all-day use.
- Works very well for a variety of trails and terrain, making for a versatile shoe.
- Comfortable and not awkward to walk in out of the saddle.
- Grippy for a secure and tight hold while biking.
- Contains enough stiffness for ample performance and functionality.
- The top closure system uses a partial offset strap, which distributes the pressure evenly across the top of your foot.
- The tall heel section helps to keep the foot secure and snug in place.
- Provides enough ventilation to keep your feet cool in warm temperatures.
Reasons NOT to buy:
- The shoes can get wet during your ride, even if they dry off quickly, meaning they are not waterproof.
- The heel area might be too lose for those who have narrow shaped feet.
- Does not feature interchangeable rubber cleats, like Sidi and other competitors on the market.
- Some reports of the shoes slipping a lot in the heel area and pushing against some users’ ankle bones.
- Not the lightest option on the market.
- At the higher end of the price spectrum, coming in at nearly $300.
The Lake MX237 Wide Endurance Cycling Shoe for men is a versatile, high-quality, and long-lasting shoe that is durable and can work well on a variety of terrain. Even though these shoes are expensive, the high-quality materials and construction make this a functional, grippy, stiff, and comfortable shoe for all-day use.