We’ve read the reviews across the web for the Lamson Speedster Fly Reel and summarize the results below:
Number of Ratings Reviewed: 20
Pros & Cons
Reasons to buy:
- Well-balanced for use in a variety of situations.
- Inexpensive compared to other options on the market.
- Lightweight for ease of use while casting.
- The drag system is smooth and strong for ample functionality.
- The reel is very durable for long-term use.
- Works very well at throwing big flies during all-day use.
- The aesthetic is stylish and sleek and uses minimum materials.
- The unique drag system uses two cones that provide ample force for fishing.
- The drag feels smooth and consistent once you get the spool going.
- The drag knob is easy to use and can turn without any clicks or catches.
- The handle is ergonomic and comfortable for all-day use.
- Features a very high retrieve rate due to the construction of the rod.
- The spool design is well thought out and is very fast.
Reasons NOT to buy:
- The reel contains a high startup inertia, which makes the drag hard to use at first.
- The spool handle material can feel cheap to some users.
- The clicker is not very loud, with other options on the market giving a more audible sound during the drag.
The Lamson Speedster Fly Reel is a durable, easy-to-use, and comfortable reel that works well for all-day use in a variety of conditions. Despite not having the best start-up when it comes to the drag, this reel provides smooth and comfortable action once it gets going, creating a lightweight, functional, and aesthetic reel that could be a good choice for many levels of fishermen.