We’ve read the reviews across the web for the Marmot Never Winter Sleeping Bag: 30 Degree Down and summarize the results below:
Number of Ratings Reviewed: 32
Pros & Cons
Reasons to buy:
- Keeps you warm during very cold temperatures.
- Lightweight for easy packability and transportation.
- The seams and the zippers are not directly next to you, so they do not make you cold if they press against your skin.
- The material is soft and comfortable against your skin.
- Compresses very well for easy storing in a backpack or suitcase.
- Packs very small for an easily transportable option.
- Very warm for a 30 degree bag and keeps you comfortable in sub-freezing temperatures.
- Features an adjustable hood to keep your head warm in cold temperatures.
- Provides enough room to move around a little bit and get comfortable, despite being a mummy bag.
- Durable and long-lasting for many seasons of use.
- The zip is full length for ample temperature regulation.
- The nylon material is both lightweight and durable for abrasion resistance.
- Features a draft tube behind the zipper to help seal in the warm air.
- The bag stands up well against moisture and prevents the inside of the bag from getting wet while sleeping.
Reasons NOT to buy:
- Some reports of the filling being poorly distributed and leaking.
- Some user discrepancies about the accuracy of the temperature rating during cold weather.
- The zipper can get stuck during use, limiting the ease-of-use.
- More expensive than other sleeping bags on the market.
- The only pocket could be slightly bigger and deeper to hold more gear.
- Does not compress as much as other options on the market, like the Helium sleeping bag.
The Marmot Never Winter Sleeping Bag: 30 Degree Down is a durable and well designed option that works well for backpacking and camping during mild temperatures. Even though this bag might be a bit more expensive when compared to similar choices, if you frequently camp or backpack during early and late summer, this could be a good choice.