We’ve read the reviews across the web for the Salomon X Ultra 3 Mid GTX Wide Hiking Boot – Men’s and summarize the results below:
Number of Ratings Reviewed: 2253
Pros & Cons
Reasons to buy:
- Versatile to use for both hiking on tough terrain and trail running.
- The construction and material is lightweight for all-day use.
- Supportive while walking with a heavy pack to prevent any sore feet or backs.
- Comfortable and light right out of the box for ample functionality.
- The traction provides plenty of grip on slippery and tough surfaces.
- The lacing system lets you easily cinch down and secure your fit.
- Extra room in the toe box to prevent your feet from jamming against the front during descents.
- Lightweight and durable for a comfortable and long-lasting shoe.
- Versatile to use as an all-around shoe.
- Waterproof to keep your feet dry in wet conditions.
- Combines all-day comfort with ample stability to prevent any ankle rolls.
- Able to clean mud and dirt off of the soles easily to keep your boots’ traction capabilities.
- Provides plenty of support and comfort for long backpacking trips.
- Provides an efficient and responsive ride so you can easily feel the trail and remain agile.
Reasons NOT to buy:
- Some users state that the fit causes your foot to push forward in the shoe, causing pressure towards the front of your foot.
- Some reports of not being wide enough for some users who have very wide feet.
- Might not be the sturdiest or heavy-duty enough for very tough terrain.
- The mesh upper can crease while you are walking, leading to some discomfort.
- Despite having good traction, it can be a bit slippery on wet rocks.
- Not the most breathable when hiking or running in warm weather.
The Salomon X Ultra 3 Mid GTX Wide Hiking Boot for men is a durable, versatile, and comfortable option that works well for backpacking and long hikes on the trail. Despite lacking some breathability in hot weather, this boot combines sturdiness, versatility, and comfort into one option.