We’ve read the reviews across the web for the The North Face Hedgehog Fastpack GTX Hiking Shoe – Women’s and summarize the results below:
Number of Ratings Reviewed: 556
Pros & Cons
Reasons to buy:
- Comfortable for all-day use on various terrain.
- The shoelaces remain secured and tightened throughout long workouts and days on the trail.
- Provides plenty of support for those with aching knees or backs.
- Keeps precipitation out of your shoes to keep your feet dry during inclement weather.
- Stylish and aesthetic for a sleek look.
- Provides plenty of traction on multiple kinds of terrain.
- Features an EVA midsole for extra support on tough terrain.
- Lightweight and agile for fast hiking and trail running.
- Uses a waterproof Gore-Tex liner to keep your feet dry during inclement weather.
- The Vibram sole is both stylish and functional, as it fully grips wet terrain.
Reasons NOT to buy:
- Some color discrepancies when looking online vs. arriving in person.
- Some reports of being too narrow in the toes for longer hiking.
- There might not be enough cushioning underfoot for some people.
- The construction of the tongue can place pressure on the top of your foot.
- The leather strips on the upper portion of the shoe are only stitched in some places, meaning that the stitches can come out during prolonged use.
- The insole does not provide the most arch support, leading to some potential foot issues in some users.
The North Face Hedgehog Fastpack GTX Hiking Shoe for women is a lightweight, agile, and stylish shoe that can work well for those who enjoy fast hiking and running while hiking on a variety of terrain. If you are looking for the most supportive and heavy-duty hiking shoe, this might not be what you’re after.