We’ve read the reviews across the web for the Salomon Speedcross 4 GTX Trail Running Shoe – Women’s and summarize the results below:
Number of Ratings Reviewed: 490
Pros & Cons
Reasons to buy:
- Durable to use during tough hikes with uneven terrain and debris.
- Waterproof to keep your feet dry.
- Supportive footbed to provide comfort while running.
- Protects your feet and provides ample ankle support.
- Provides great traction on slippery terrain.
- Abrasion-resistant material for added longevity.
- Waterproof upper to keep the water out.
- The PVC toe box is durable and protects against debris.
- The lacing system is easy and quick to use.
- The Sensifit system aids in providing a supportive and secure fit.
- The EVA enhances shock absorption and cushioning to protect your feet and joints.
Reasons NOT to buy:
- A little bit stiff when you first start wearing.
- Some reports of wearing out a bit faster than other options on the market.
- The fit is slightly narrower than previous models which may make sizing difficult.
- The lacing system, despite being easy and quick, can sometimes loosen after a few miles.
- The insole of the shoe can move forward during descents and cause it to bunch up.
- Not the most ventilated option on the market.
The Salomon Speedcross 4 GTX Trail Running Shoe for women is a waterproof, durable, and protective option that is well-suited for trail runners that want a supportive, secure, and high-traction shoe. Despite the sizing being different than older models and some stiffness when first using, once this shoe is sized correctly and broken in, you’ll find that it is a supportive and long-lasting option that will perform well on various surfaces.