We’ve read the reviews across the web for the Arc’teryx Alpha SL Jacket – Women’s and summarize the results below:
PeakScore: 86 (out of 100)
User Rating: 4.4 stars
Expert Rating: 4.1 stars
Number of Ratings Reviewed: 22
Pros & Cons
Reasons to buy:
- Easy to layer for extra warmth in cold temperatures.
- Lightweight for added comfort and layering abilities.
- Windproof and waterproof for complete weather protection.
- The fit is flattering and stylish for an aesthetic look on and off the trail.
- Packable for easy and efficient transportation on any length of trip.
- Very lightweight for all-day comfort.
- Features an articulated fit for ample mobility during activities.
- Features a high durability-to-weight ratio for toughness and functionality.
- Compressible for easy packing and transportation capabilities.
- The lightweight material and construction make it easy to layer over and under this jacket.
- Helmet-compatible hood for extra functionality and weather protection.
- Seam-taped for extra weather protection during windy and wet conditions.
- Features a DWR finish for light precipitation protection.
- The hem stays in place and stays in position under a harness while climbing for added comfort and functionality.
- Features 3-layer Gore-Tex for ample durability and weatherproofing.
Reasons NOT to buy:
- Lack of pit zips for reduced breathability and ventilation.
- Only has one zipped pocket, which may not be enough storage for some users.
- Similar to other Arc’teryx pieces, this jacket is at the high end of the price spectrum.
The Arc’teryx Alpha SL Jacket is a lightweight, weatherproof, and stylish option that works well for layering in a variety of weather conditions. Despite being expensive, this jacket can provide full mobility, wind and waterproofing, and durability for a long-lasting option.
Note: User and expert rankings were reviewed across the web. Some expert reviews include these: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8.