We’ve read the reviews across the web for the Black Diamond Alpine Start Hooded Jacket – Men’s and summarize the results below:
Number of Ratings Reviewed: 54
Pros & Cons
Reasons to buy:
- Keeps you dry during precipitation and inclement weather.
- Lightweight for all-day comfort.
- Packs down small for easy transportation.
- Wind and water-resistant for protection against light weather.
- Works well as a lightweight windbreaker during mild days.
- Prevents moisture build-up for efficient use during outdoor exercise.
- Contains plenty of stretch for use during outdoor activities.
- Very breathable for ample ventilation during warm days.
- The underarm panels are gusseted for use during rock climbing.
- Easily layers for use in warm or cold conditions.
- Versatile to wear for a variety of outdoor activities.
- Lightweight for all-day comfort and easy packing during long hikes.
- Packs into chest pocket for stowing in a backpack.
- Water-resistant for protection against light precipitation.
- The hem drawcord can cinch down to lock heat inside of the jacket.
- Contains a chest pocket for ample functionality and easy storage.
Reasons NOT to buy:
- More expensive than other similar windbreaker jackets.
- The narrow-cut hem might not work for users who have a wider body type.
- Not the lightest windbreaker jacket on the market.
- Won’t keep you dry or warm as a stand-alone layer during prolonged precipitation or heavy winds.
The Black Diamond Alpine Start Hooded Jacket for men is a breathable, mobile, and versatile option that works well as a stand-alone layer in mild conditions or a mid-layer in extreme weather conditions. Despite being more expensive than similar choices, this option works well for outdoor activities that require a durable, protective, and functional jacket.