We’ve read the reviews across the web for the Arc’teryx Firebee AR Down Parka – Men’s and summarize the results below:
Number of Ratings Reviewed: 56
Pros & Cons
Reasons to buy:
- The drawstring in the torso prevents any bagginess or bunching-up of material while using.
- Packs up relatively small for a poofy and heavy-duty coat.
- Waterproof and windproof to keep you warm and dry in prolonged precipitation.
- The material is tough and high-quality for a durable and long-lasting product.
- The draft collar keeps out strong winds and water to keep you warm.
- Provides plenty of warmth and comfort in inclement conditions.
- The jacket is fully seam-sealed to keep in warmth and keep out precipitation and wind.
- Contains fully-taped seams for protecting against harsh weather.
- The pockets are big enough to use with winter gloves.
- Contains the StormHood for helmet-compatibility and full protection.
- The material doesn’t wet out after prolonged precipitation or snow.
- Works well as a winter belay jacket and expedition parka, being a versatile, heavy-duty, and warm parka.
- Very packable for easy transportation and bringing on long trips.
Reasons NOT to buy:
- The underarms are not gusseted for additional mobility.
- The high-volume zipper can make the jacket look very bulky.
- At the high end of the price range for a jacket.
- The lower arm region of the jacket provides less warmth than other options.
- The jacket might be too much for mild winter conditions, making this a specialist jacket for intense conditions.
The Arc’teryx Firebee AR Down Parka for men is a warm, protective, and comfortable option that is suited for intense winter conditions and inclement weather. Although potentially overkill for mild winter conditions, if you are a true backcountry adventurer that is constantly in cold weather, prolonged precipitation, or winter storms, this jacket will keep you protected from the elements.